1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 inch piece of ginger, chopped
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
3 green chilli padi (or more for heat)
100g watercress (or one bundle from the supermarket)
400ml vegetable stock/water
salt and pepper to taste
1) In a pot, add some oil and saute the onion until caramelised. Add the garlic and ginger. Add the chili padi.
2) Add the cumin and fennel seeds and continue to saute as it releases the fragrance.
3) Add stock/water and bring to a boil
4) Add the cashews and watercress and boil until the watercress is wilted.
5) Add the broccoli and cook for a few minutes until the broccoli is bright green.
6) Blend in a blender until smooth. Pour it back in the pot. Add pepper and salt to taste and bring it back to a simmer. Serve hot.